courier journal---top headlines

As you may have read in my latest blog entry, I was talking about how the courier journal is a solid source for news and has a good balance of stories but there is one thing that frustrates me about them. And that is their layout or placement. It is mainly the headlines that I think bother me the most. Sometimes, I feel like they don't always do a great job on putting the most pressing or real story in bold on the front cover. Even if it isn't the most ideal or uplifting story, if it is affecting a lot of people lives than it needs to be up there. I just noticed that a couple of times instead of having a tragic incident that recently occurred, they had something random like for example holiday shopping coming up (true example) as the top/lead story. Don't get me wrong, they did have a story about that but that was a huge thing going on in our country and I think they should have put it first, before the latest shopping news. 



https://www.courier-journal.com/ (I do not have a link to the holiday shopping story because it was in the newspaper not the website but this is the courier journal's website)

Comments