thoughts on conglomeration

   Before we talked about this topic in class, i didn't notice how many companies were operating under one big corporate group. For example I didn't know that abc was owned by disney, or espn. I guess I just didn't expect it because espn's content is covering sports and disney's is cartoons and tv shows. But then again, I guess it makes sense so they can control what is put out, or reach a wider variety of people. I think a lot of conglomerates end up having more cons than pros, especially for the smaller corporations under the one group. Most likely, a lot of jobs form the smaller companies get lost and the quality of the content gets worse and loses originality. But on the other hand, it could help companies make more money and also reduce the competition. Therefore, I'm kind of split on whether conglomerates are a good or bad thing.
          

Comments